Saturday, July 24, 2010

WOW ... lot of folks and fun!

It was a hot one Friday. We had visitors starting at about 11:00 AM. Ronda and her mom started us off early and they brought lunch. Thanks ladies.

Brien got things rolling with the after work crowd. He was one of many who took their bathing suits to work as to allow for making a splash asap. Terry and Rachael and Randy were soon to follow. Rachael and Randy are going to be neighbors very soon. Gabby took her suit to work too. She left early to head to some Buckeye Lake fun.

The Hupp's were here. Hadn't seen them in a while as they have been working, working, working. Mr. Snyder accompanied Mr. Hupp. Amie was here with some stories to tell! Alan and Bonnie brought 4 friends from Michigan. They are heading to the rib fest today.

Neighbors Don and Nancy brought Isabel. Neighbors Marty and Michelle brought Reece and her friend Marlyn.

Bill Smith made it for the first time this year. He brought Jen for her first HH and we hope she comes back for many more. You too Bill.

I don't think Bert, Brigitte and Nate had been here for a HH before. I'm giving them first time status until I learn otherwise. I think they had fun. Bert issued a boccie challenge which will be addressed in the near future I hope. I got a good picture of Nate jumping into the pool I'll post later. I was lacking in my picture taking. When I started snapping shots it was getting dark and several guests had headed out. I'll post all my pictures later.

In a night of several special and unexpected guests I saved Shelly Whitefield Bodi for last mention. It was so nice to see her. We tried to keep her but she had to go visit mom. We hope she comes back soon and brings her husband Kevin.

There was tons of food. Beth made a huge hot cabbage, rice and veggie thing that tastes just like stuffed cabbage. It disappeared but I made sure to get my share. There were great deserts including some gooey brownies UMMM and some berry pie that I worked on as a bedtime snack UMMM. There was fried chicken and salad and other goodies I didn't get a chance to sample.

In closing some observations. Perhaps our hottest HH ever coincidental the one with the most swimmers I can ever remember. I'd say about 12 in the pool is pretty close to right. There were a total of 30 in attendance if my memory serves me right. We started early and kept things going until a little after dark. Thanks to all who attended for making it a most enjoyable day / HH for Beth and me.

1 comment: